When it comes to massage, there is a lot of misinformation out there. Massage can be an extremely beneficial experience, but only if you go into it with the right expectations. To make sure you get the best massage in Singapore, we spoke to a physiotherapist from a Singapore physiotherapy, and here are a few things you should know before getting your first massage.
- Massage is not a miracle cure-all. While it can provide some relief from pain and stress, it is not a panacea. If you are expecting a massage to completely eliminate all of your health problems, you will be disappointed.
- Massage should not be painful. If you are experiencing pain during a massage, something is wrong. Be sure to communicate with your massage therapist so they can adjust their technique.
- Massage can be beneficial for a variety of conditions, but it is not appropriate for everyone. If you have serious health problems, or are pregnant, please consult your doctor before scheduling a massage.
- There are different types of massage, and each has its own benefits. Be sure to discuss your goals with your massage therapist so they can recommend the right type of massage for you.
- Massage is not a substitute for medical care. If you are experiencing serious health problems, please see a doctor instead of scheduling a massage.
- Massage is best enjoyed when you are relaxed and comfortable. Be sure to arrive for your massage well-rested and hydrated. This will help you get the most out of your session.
If you keep these things in mind, you are sure to have a positive and beneficial massage experience.
What about after the massage?
After your first massage, you may feel a bit sore. This is normal, and is usually caused by the release of tension from your muscles. Drink plenty of water and take it easy for the rest of the day, and you should feel back to normal in no time. If you have any concerns or questions about your experience, be sure to discuss them with your massage therapist.